Senior Investment Manager – Single Family Office – Jersey, Channel Islands
- Are you an Experienced Investment Management professional looking to escape the growing complications of managing a client book to focus on investing?
- Do you have a detailed understanding of / interest in Fixed Income products?
- Are you ready to join a business with a long term attitude, a stable investment thesis and develop your returns as opposed to driving new sales / KPIs from your client book?
- Want to work with a respectful team which recognises the need for Work Life Balance?
OFC Partners are pleased to be working with a significant Single Family Office (assets in excess of £1 billion) which has a well established team in St Helier, Jersey. They are looking to hire a Senior Investment Manager to take ownership of their Fixed Income strategy which forms a significant portion of their asset allocation.
- Invest in financial products such as fixed-income securities, shares and commodities;
- Closely monitor the credit risks inherent in the portfolio;
- Ensure that the portfolio composition is in line with the mandate;
- Deliver an appropriate level of risk-adjusted return, with minimal capital drawdowns;
- Build and maintain good relations with financial service providers and banks;
- Ensure that the management costs (both direct and indirect) are relatively low;
- Work closely together with the other Senior Investment Manager (focussed on a different asset class);
- Supervise the Investment Analyst.
- Advise the board of directors, holders of Ordinary Shares and limited Fund partners regarding the performance of the portfolio and the general market environment;
- Periodically draw up investment mandate proposals for approval by the board of directors, holders of Ordinary Shares and limited Fund partners;
- Advise the board of directors and holders of Ordinary Shares and limited Fund partners on future investment policy.
- Identify critical situations in a timely manner and identify an appropriate response.
- Respond to critical situations in a timely manner;
- Prevent matters from getting out of hand by taking timely action;
- Think ahead and assess required actions.
- Building frameworks/models and formulating ideas based on complex information.
- Devise different scenarios based on the same data;
- Devise solutions for complex situations;
- Think outside the box;
- Arrive at new scenarios when data and/or circumstances change.
- Be aware of socio-political developments or other external influences .
- Be familiar with external developments relevant to the area of work;
- Integrate political and/or social developments in everyday activities;
- Know the trends and developments on the market and their impact on the portfolio/organisation.
- Balancing data and possible actions to arrive at realistic assessments.
- Have holistic overview and distinguish main points from minor points;
- Balance data and possible actions against each other;
- Have strong analytical skills and arrives at realistic assessments;
- Assess problems from all angles.
- Develop and consolidate relations and alliances inside and outside the organization, using them to obtain information, support and cooperation.
- Make and maintain contacts with persons and organizations important to their position;
- Find the right people to get support and cooperation;
- Use network to achieve goals in a timely manner.
- At least ten years of relevant, hands-on work experience managing a portfolio of an institutional scope;
- Specialist knowledge of investment grade global fixed income or specialism in EUR and USD markets;
- Experienced asset allocator or contributor to asset allocation decisions;
- Knowledge of the following investment instruments: shares, ETFs, and futures;
- High level of professional and intellectual ability, financial management training;
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with Bloomberg and other financial and investment software;
- Extensive experience with quantitative analysis models and model driven investment processes;
- Strategic thinker capable of critically evaluating stakeholder value;
- Team player, happy to work closely with others as part of a small, focussed team;
- Good oral and written skills;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Excellent command of the English language.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.