Risk & Compliance Lead – Cutting edge Cryptocurrency / DeFi business – Newly established Jersey entity
- Are you an experienced Risk / Compliance professional based in Jersey who is ready to step away from traditional financial services and into the world of Crypto / DeFi?
- Do you want to work alongside inspirational & highly regarded senior management?
- Ready to use your skill-set to horizon scan and guide this business as regulation is created?
OFC Partners are pleased to be working with a newly launched, Jersey registered affiliate of a Global Cryptocurrency business. The Jersey footprint is small but growing and has regular meaningful interactions with the wider network of companies.
This unique opportunity will see you working alongside key members of the business to define the compliance strategy, AML and KYC processes and be at the forefront of ensuring that potential future risks are mitigated against.
- Assessing current policies & procedures and amending where necessary / drafting as new
- Liaise with teams from across the business to ensure all that all services are being delivered in line with the guiding regulatory principles.
- Take ownership of the risk reporting framework & incident response, including but not limited to; root causes analysis, leading lessons learned round-tables and process improvement recommendations.
- Continually observe all developments within the relevant regulatory environment and actively develop your understanding of the changing environment.
- Instil a commercial, pro-compliance culture across the business which sees stakeholders working with you as a business enabler as opposed to against you as a business blocker.
- Assist with preparing regulatory reporting and correspondence across multiple jurisdictions
- Act as MLRO
This position requires a qualified professional (ICA/ACCA/ICSA/ other) with extensive experience in delivering compliance / risk tasks in a regulated entity in Jersey. You will have a detailed understanding of AML and be able to demonstrate an awareness of / interest in global regulatory changes. Ideally you will have had interactions with the JFSC and be comfortable in facing off with international regulators. Whilst experience in Crypto/DeFi isn’t essential, an interest in the area is of paramount importance.
In return, our client is offering a strong salary with benefits, bonus, potentially profit share and an incredibly unique opportunity.
Get in touch today to hear more about this rare opportunity! A strong package and basic salary increase are on offer for the right candidate!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.