Corporate Accountant – Global Hedge Fund – In-House role with visibility to CFO
- Are you a recently qualified accountant (0-2 years pqe) who has developed either in practice or industry who’s ready to join a global leader in the Hedge Fund world?
- Do you want a rounded role which combines key financial accounting with analytical finance work?
- Are you ready to build on your skills to develop a career outside of the traditional FSB/TC&B Jersey finance space?
OFC Partners are pleased to be working with an international powerhouse in the Hedge Fund market, the business continues to post excellent performance and has developed a great culture in the Jersey office.
This unique opportunity will see you working alongside senior members of the finance team to produce critical financial insights. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of statutory accounts at a Group level / managing the audit process
- Preparation and analysis of financial performance of the business to aid management and shareholders in decision making
- Ad hoc projects including regular insight questions from the CFO ranging from “where did most investors place funds this year?” to “how could we reduce capital expenditure in x area” to “I’m thinking about this issue, please could you do some analysis on the data for me to consider outcomes”
- Overseeing high level technical elements of book-keeping/ reconciliations etc – please note that the vast majority of this is looked after by another member of the team
- Work with the broader team to make sure processes are being managed in the most efficient way
This position requires a nearly, newly or recently qualified professional (ICAS/ACCA/ICAEW/ other) with 0-2 years post qualification experience; we can consider those from Big 4, smaller accountancy practices or Fund Accounting – so long as you can demonstrate a willingness to get stuck in, ambition and a problem solving mentality.
In return, our client is offering a strong salary with benefits and bonus.
Get in touch today to hear more about this rare opportunity!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.