Associate Director – Leading Fund OR Trust Compliance for Jersey – truly unique business, high growth FSB / TC&B with an exceptional track record. MLCO / CO / MLRO (OR deputy).
- Are you a compliance professional with an extensive knowledge of Jersey Private Funds / Funds OR TC&B who is looking for something outside of the “usual” Fund / Trust Services players on island?
- Do you want to work within a corporate / fund services business which positions itself as an extension of its fund / corporate clients as opposed to an underappreciated third party?
- Want to work in an environment which clearly rewards its people with promotions? (This role has arisen as the current person doing it is being promoted to Head of Jersey Compliance)
- Want to work in a business with an enviable JFSC/JFCU reputation which can draw on exceptional internal resources?
OFC Partners is delighted to be representing a leading fund/corporate services business with a significant presence in Jersey. This stable, well-capitalised firm continues to win significant new client mandates and is growing its presence on island with a new Associate Director – leading fund OR TC&B compliance in Jersey.
Your role will see you working hand in hand with the Head of Risk & Compliance for Jersey, giving you the autonomy to operate on your own but with the support of an experienced and capable leader. Depending on your level of experience, you will either be Deputy key person in the below positions with a view to growing into the key person roles, or you will come straight in as a key person.
- Either MLRO or Deputy MLRO – work alongside the Head of Jersey Compliance with responsibility for maintaining policies and procedures for the identification and analysis of financial crime issues for Jersey regulated entities. To include analysis of internal money laundering reports, reporting to and liaising with the JFCU as required and to keep abreast of latest Jersey and global AML regulation and best practice.
- Either CO/MLCO or Deputy CO/ MLCO – work alongside the Head of Jersey Compliance to maintain policies and procedures and training staff to recognise and act on compliance and financial crime issues.
- Maintenance of the Financial Crime Manual, and reporting of financial crime MI to relevant boards.
- To work with the current Jersey Data Privacy Officer – with a view to assuming some or all responsibilities in the future – and also the Group Data Protection Officer and the Privacy Committee to develop and maintain the effective data protection framework for Jersey. To assist the DPO to act as point of contact with the Office of the Information Commissioner Jersey, and adviser to Jersey staff on data protection matters and issues. To conduct privacy assessments and maintain policies, procedures and registers to demonstrate compliance, and to implement remedial actions where identified through monitoring.
- To act as the deputy or be the CO, MLCO & MLRO to the Corporate Entity itself and to lead all matters related to those roles. To liaise with the Head of Monitoring to ensure an effective compliance monitoring framework and the maintenance of operational risk registers, along with regular board reporting as required. To liaise with JFSC and other regulators and to provide advice and regulatory updates as necessary to the board. To ensure training delivered and completed by SFCSL and other staff.
- JFSC Regulated FSB & Fund OR TC&B clients – to act as the JFSC approved CO, MLCO & MLRO to Corporate Services clients. To operate an effective compliance monitoring framework and the maintenance of operational risk registers, along with regular board reporting as required. To liaise with JFSC and other regulators and to provide advice and regulatory updates as necessary to boards.
- Run ad hoc compliance / risk focussed projects!
This is an excellent opportunity for a lawyer, accountant or ICA qualified compliance professional with a strong knowledge of TC&B OR Funds who wants to join a collaborative, forward thinking, future focussed business.
You will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, have clear career progression, work in a unique environment and be given an excellent benefits package. If you are an ambitious finance professional who wants to succeed and work in an exciting business, please do get in touch directly on 07797 918 884 or email email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.